PS 9 Auction Explained in 6 Steps
1) What is it? Parents of PS9 hosts a rockin’ adult-only party on March 18, 2017 to give parents, family, and friends of PS9 the opportunity to let loose and raise money for our incredible children.
2) Why do we do it? To ensure that PS9 continues to uphold the highest standards in education. The proceeds from auction represent 40% of the PA’s annual budget (approximately $300,000) and support the amazing enrichment programs at our school, including full-day teaching assistants in every classroom, music, art, chess, Spanish, a librarian, and PE for kindergarten. Here are even more reasons why.
3) How does it work? Step 1 – Parents (YOU!) solicit or make donations (details below) Step 2 – We sell them at our auction event (March 18, 2017) Step 3 – You enjoy the auction event and buy some of the great experiences or goods from the catalog.
4) How do I get donations? Ask businesses that you frequent (restaurants, gyms, classes) to donate gift certificates or products. Unsure of what to say when soliciting a donation? No
problem! We have lots of soliciting letters and ‘elevator pitch’ examples! Check out these sample solicitation emails:
- sample email for camp
- sample email for restaurants
- sample email for retail
- sample email for services, like tutoring, language, health club, spa
- sample email specifically for spa services
Think paper mail might be more appropriate? Here’s a letter on letterhead that you can hand to your child’s activity coordinator or mail to a potential supporter. Feel free to customize it as needed with this version.
Or, just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5) What can I solicit or donate? Anything, really! It can be an experience or a physical item. Some ideas:
• Tickets to sporting events and Broadway, restaurants and in-home chef experiences, spa treatments, vacation homes, summer camps, birthday parties, and after-school kids’ classes and lessons.
• Want more ideas? Check out last year’s catalogue!
6) How do I get the donations to PS9? 2 easy ways!
• Online form: available here
• Hardcopy form: Print one here, or check school’s main entrance poster board; Completed forms can be returned to the Auction Box in Main Office