PS 9 Auction Explained in 6 Steps
1) What is it?
Parents of PS9 hosts a rockin’ adults-only party on March 17, 2018 to give parents, family and friends of PS9 the opportunity to let loose together and to raise money for our incredible children.
2) Why do we do it?
To ensure that PS9 continues to uphold the highest standards in education. The proceeds from auction represent almost half of the PA’s annual budget and support the amazing enrichment programs at our school, including:
- full-day teaching assistants in every classroom,
- a librarian, and
- gym for kindergarten.
3) How does it work and what can I do to support the auction?
Step 1 – Parents (YOU!) solicit or make donations (details below)
Step 2 – We sell them at the auction (March 17, 2018)
Step 3 – You come enjoy the party on March 17 and buy some of the great experiences or goods from the auction catalog.
If you’d like to join the auction committee or volunteer in any way to help plan the biggest parent event of the year, click here! [Or provide some specific link or info about joining — I think this call to action should have its own line]
4) What can I solicit or donate? Think about opportunities through your work or contacts (neighbors, friends, family) to contribute unique items for auction. Items that bring in the most money for auction (and our children) are:
Tickets to sporting events and Broadway shows,
Restaurants and in-home chef experiences,
Family fun experiences (bowling, magic shows, museum tours, etc.), and
Classroom visits from local “celebrities” (perhaps you have a neighbor who is an airline pilot, children’s book illustrator or archaeologist)
Want more ideas? Check out past catalogues!
5) How do I solicit or donate? In addition to asking personal contacts, you can ask businesses that you frequent (restaurants, gyms, classes) to donate gift certificates or products. Unsure of what to say when soliciting a donation? No problem! We have lots of soliciting letters and ‘elevator pitch’ examples! Check out these sample solicitation emails:
- sample email for camp
- sample email for restaurants
- sample email for retail
- sample email for services, like tutoring, language, health club, spa
- sample email specifically for spa services
Think paper mail might be more appropriate? Here’s a letter on letterhead that you can hand to your child’s activity coordinator or mail to a potential supporter. Feel free to customize it as needed with this version.
Or, just contact us at email@example.com
6) How do I get the donations to PS9? 2 easy ways!
• Online form: available here
• Hardcopy form: Print one here, or check the school’s main entrance poster board; Completed forms can be returned to the Auction Box in the Main Office