Parent Workshop: Protecting Children in a Hyper Digital Age: Wednesday, Oct 18, 6-7:30pm
Did you know?
- Nearly 43% of kids have been bullied online
- Only 1 in 10 victims will inform a parent or trusted adult of their abuse
- 15% of teens using cell phones say that they have received sexually suggestive nude images of someone they know via text
- 1 in 25 youths received an onlin sexual solicitation in which the solicitor tried to make offline contact
- Dangers children are susceptible online
- Teens and sexting
- Popular apps and how to use them safely
- Safety settings and restrictions for phones and computers
- Cell phone monitoring
- Gaming issues and concerns
- Building healthy technology in the home
This special event is funded by the Parents’ Association. Babysitting and pizza are provided for school age children, but sign up for this is required.