- Starfall – animated songs, mathematics, and reading activities spanning pre-k to 2nd grade.
- ipad apps for learning, reading, math and writing
- brain pop – BrainPOP engages students through animated movies, learning games, interactive quizzes, primary source activities, concept mapping, and more
- Math Garden – makes math practice fun (ask your child’s teacher for a username and password)
- Math Nook – math and puzzle games
- WebMATH – instant-answer, self-help
- Math Playground – arcade games make practicing math fun
- Coolmath – more and more math games
- AplusMath – games, flashcards, practice worksheets
- xtramath – is nonprofit organization dedicated to math achievement for all.
- Study Jams – Interactive information, vocabulary and quizzes on numerous subtopics in physics, anatomy, botany, physics, astronomy, ecosystems and more for 3rd to 5th graders
- Stone Soup – read and listen to poetry, stories, illustrations and book reviews by kids and for kids!
- Goodnight Stories – animated stories and poems. Kids can read and write stories
- Seussville – activities, games, rhyming, and lots of interactive fun!
- Roy the Zebra – fun, interactive reading
- Kids Reads – book reviews, trivia, newsletter
- RIF: Reading Is Fundamental – reading games, activities and more
- Book Adventure – check out the book finder tool to find a “just-right” book!
- Starfall – read and listen to books, reading games, activities, and more
- Vocabulary and SpellingCity – builds spelling and vocabulary skills. Fun games and activities.
- Guided Reading: Book Wizard – great resource for finding books appropriate for your child’s reading level
- Guided Reading Leveled Books Database
- Leveled Book Lists
- funbrain – play mad-libs online! Book picks by kids and teachers, reference tools, homework help, games, quizzes and more.
- Word Central – from Merriam-Webster
- Pebblego – P PreK-3 database for reading and research
- Bill Nye, The Science Guy
- Discovery Kids – Science is squishy, yucky and noisy. Includes a kids chat room, online science games, and a station guide.
- Earth Rangers – Environmentally themed articles and activities for kids, a chance to meet animal ambassadors, play games and protect biodiversity with the Bring Back the Wild campaign
- Science Kids – Features facts, games, images, quizzes, and experiments.
● Peep and the Big Wide World – Play fun math and science games, videos and activities with Peep and his friends
! Explore our preschool curriculum and at home activities.
● Pebblego.com – PebbleGo is the award winning PreK-3 database for reading and research. The PebbleGo databases make learning and improving reading and research skills fun, building on children’s interest.
● Ology – A science website for kids from the American Museum of Natural History.
● The Why Files – Well-researched, educational descriptions of the actual science behind current news stories.
● Funology – offer ideas you can use to inspire and entertain your kids offline
● Science Monster
● DragonflyTV -site with series overview, games, experiments, schedule, forum, science fair projects and scientist profiles.
● Sid The Science Kid – Watch video, sing songs, and play games with Sid while you explore preschool science.
- Scigirls – SciGirls is a PBS Kids show that encourages girls in science, technology, engineering and mathematics or STEM.
- ScienceToyMaker -non-commercial site for people who like to roll up their sleeves and make science toys and projects.
● Thinking Fountain – science museum of Minnesota
● Ask Dr. Universe – All sorts of big and small questions are answered here, and include things that puzzle kids worldwide.
● How Stuff Works – HowStuffWorks explains thousands of topics, from engines to lock-picking to ESP
, with video and illustrations so you can learn how everything works.
● NASA Kids Club –
● Planetpals.com – Learn Through Planetpals Characters To Be A Natural!
- Bill Nye, The Science Guy
- Student Science – Offers news and feature stories covering all fields of science, technology, engineering and math.
- Time For Kids – a news magazine geared toward students in grades K-6
- National Geographic Kids – Play games, watch videos, learn about animals, and places, and get fun facts
- Utah Education Network – 3-6 grade science videos and interactives
- Science Investigator – free science journal designed for grades 4-8.
- National Wildlife Federation (NWF) –
- Ranger Rick (with NWF) – Learn about Ranger Rick magazine for kids ages 7-12, filled with animal facts, games and other fun activities